You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments?
Are you packed with great ideas? Is doing things smarter, part of your DNA?
Come help us re-imagine our solutions to provide a world-class mobile and web app to delight our customers. We are looking for an mid-senior level JAVA API engineer to strengthen Omni Channel development chapter that delivers mission-critical APIs for the Mobile and Web Banking App.
Can your relate to this?
- Working on the cutting edge and craving new challenges.
- Wanting to be a part of an amazing department of our company that aims at providing the best customer journey experience in Banking Mobile and Web Banking.
- Having the mentality that aligns with our culture where you ‘take it on and make it happen’! You take ownership.
What is our purpose ?
- To create and maintain a frictionless API layer for Mobile and Web Frontends.
- To integrate our platform (mobile and web) with the core financial services.
- To provide secure and high performing APIs.
What do we do?
- We (as a team) have a keen market focus and we always explore new technology opportunities.
- We adapted the Agile Squad and Chapter model from Spotify Engineering Culture.
- We have a Quality Driven and Continuous Improvement culture.
- We work closely with iOS, Android and Web engineers.
What are our challenges?
- Integrating micro services from within and outside our bank.
- Implement new technologies without a negative customer impact.
Why would we want you to be a part of our team?
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- You are able to develop maintainable code.
- You have experience with secure programming.
- You have experience with Linux and Shell scripting.
- You have sound knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, or alike) and NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, or alike).
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- You have a DevOps mindset (responsible for building and running your developed application).
- You are a great team player – understand your role, hold yourself accountable.
- You are committed to your team, you are optimistic and future-focused, you backup goals with action.
What technology expertise are we looking for?
- Java 8+, Spring, Cassandra, Oracle, Kafka, Linux.
- Test Driven Development, Design Patterns, Object Oriented and Functional Programming.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic team and a modern workplace in Amsterdam
- A 36 to 40 hour work week.
- Market top salary + 13th month and benefits.
- 25 vacation days based on full-time employment (40 hours)
- 8.33 % holiday allowance and travel allowance.
- Pension fund through StiPP.
- Ample opportunities for individual development – visits to IT seminars and events.
- An area that is on the move, where we ensure there is continuity as well as innovation.
- You will be probably the first person to use the new features on the app before it reaches the customers. How exciting!
- You will continue to have access to our online Academy.
Ctalents is a secondment agency for professionals who are blind, visually impaired, deaf or hard of hearing. We support job seekers in finding a suitable job. You will be offered a series of training courses to develop yourself and discover what really suits you.